- Reduces sediment, chloramines, chlorine, chemicals, heavy metals, other contaminants
- Removes tastes and odors
- Filters 10 gallons / 38 liters per minute
- Large filters, housing, fittings to preserve water flow
- Longer lasting filters
This Home Master whole home water filter system is robust and well-made. It uses large filters and 1-inch ports to allow for maximum water flow at the strongest water pressure possible. Another benefit of the large size filters is that they last longer between replacements than most others on the market. The Home Master is a 2-stage filter and the actual filters that are included with the system are superior to most others on the market. The first stage is a multi grade sediment filter with a 25 micron out layer, 10 micron inner, 5 micron inner, and 1 micron inner core layer. The second stage of this filter system is a catalytic carbon filter with KDF85 which is ideal for filtering out chloramines and/or chlorine that is frequently found in municipal city water, delivering crystal clear, non-odorous purified water throughout your house.
Measurements: 9″ x 18″ x 25″ ; 36.4 lbs / 22.8 cm x 45.7 cm x 63.5 xm ; 16.5 kg
- Large pipes to handle large volumes of water. The build quality is beefy; many other systems look more complicated but don’t have the level of quality provided by the Home Master.
- High quality filters provided with the system. Some of the cheaper systems give you filters that need to be replaced after only a couple months; not this one. The sediment filter is a ‘four gradient density filter’ that features greater dirt holding capacity and finer filtration than most. Filters from 25 microns to 1 micron.
- Carbon filters are similarly robust. The filters provided have a 95,000 gallon capacity, which can last up to a full year of water filtration for a family of four.
- 95 percent of sediment, chlorine, chloramines, chemicals, contaminants, and heavy metals are removed during filtration.
- Doesn’t sacrifice water flow. This system can handle a whopping 90 psi of pressure.
- This system is particularly good at removing chlorine, making it great for people purifying water from city and municipal sources.
- 2 year limited warranty
- Patent pending steel mounting bracket that will fit onto 16 inch studs
- Includes filters, mounting bracket with bolts, housing wrench
Home Master HMF2SMGCC Review
The Home Master HMF2SMGCC is the best whole house water filter for urban areas that have clean running tap water but still could use further filtration to “polish” it up to be crystal clear and remove the taste and smells of chlorine and chloramines that are often found in municipal city water supplies.
The first stage in this 2-stage system is a multi grade filter in itself with 4 layers of filtration; 25 micron outer layer, 10 inner, 5 inner, and then a 1 micron inner core. The second stage is a mixed media carbon filter with KDF85. Together, the 2 stages will rid of 95% of impurities and contaminants that remain in your “clean” municipal water.
One of the key focuses in the design is to keep the flow of water pressure through your house unaffected, which is a very common complaint among most filtration systems. Home Master has been able to overcome this by using a combination of oversized fittings, housing, and filters.
Another benefit of the oversized design is that it cuts down on the frequency of filter changes. Due to the size and the quality of the filters themselves, they will last from 6-12 months in a family of 4 before needing to be replaced (frequency is dependent on the quality of your municipal water supply, of course). This will save you time and money.
We like the convenience that the HMF2SMGCC comes ready to install and and start filtering, right out of the box. It’s just one purchase – all parts are included along with filter cartridges. While other filtration systems don’t include filters, which may be a benefit to some because they have very special filtration needs, Home Master includes 2 powerful filters that will service the filtration needs of the majority of people living in urban and suburban areas.